Hospices de Beaune Volnay Cuvee Blondeau Magnum 2008

Hospices de Beaune Volnay Cuvee Blondeau Magnum 2008

  • $175.00
Shipping calculated at checkout.

Only 6 left!

"In 1811, François Blondeau gave the bells of the Hospice de la Charité, rue de Lorraine in Beaune. Blondeau restored the church in Volnay, built a school, and gave all his vineyards in Pommard and Volnay so that 5 old people might be cared for, in perpetuity. Lovers of Volnay will prick up their ears at the roll-call of Premiers Crus here: Champans and Taille Pieds, planted between 1952 and 1989, make up over 70% of this Cuvée. The Ronceret, half planted in 1961, half in 2005, with Mitans planted between 1955 and 1972, make up the remaining 30% of the Cuvée." -Winery notes